View Single Post
      02-14-2020, 09:21 AM   #15
2020g20
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCtennis3811 View Post

Great, good for you. Thanks for contributing to this thread.

——

For those of us wanting Alexa integration in our cars, we unfortunately have to keep waiting. As usual, I'm not sure why it takes BMW forever to roll things out properly. Audi, Lincoln, Cadillac, and Lexus all seem to be able to figure out Alexa integration; why can't BMW?
Apparently you missed the underlying point in my commentary, which is that BMW likely hasn't integrated Alexa yet because there is a large contingent of their customers that care absolutely zero about having it. Alexa integration isn't something than a 50 billion dollar company can't "figure out" as you put it. Feature roll outs are tied to customer demand, and I guarantee you things like bug-free-iDrive, bug-free-CarPlay, Android Auto, Spotify via Connected Music, OTA updates, and Drive Recorder would all poll infinitely higher on that request list than Alexa. Will they do it eventually? Probably. But I'm willing to bet most people prefer to see them focusing on issues that are more centric to the experience of, ya know, driving a car than on gimmicky privacy-invading smarthome features that are 100% redundant to the functionality you already have by picking up your smartphone.
Appreciate 0