Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 330e M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020g20 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by claykin View Post
Mic/voice priority between apps and standard functions in car

They've got a lot to work out and balance with existing iDrive festures/services.
Very good points. They already don't do this very well just between iDrive and CarPlay/Siri. They definitely need to strike a better balance there before adding additional voice assistants.
I am very interested in having Alexa enabled in the vehicle. I have spent some considerable time pushing the point. I find it really frustrating that BMW make such a shout about "it's coming to our cars" then the M3 on the aircraft carrier. So the new 330e comets and no Alexa.

I understand it's been available but about 6 months ago BMW pulled it due to problems. However in December it was re-released.

But I still don't have it.

If you have ID7 you can have it. You just have to wait for it becoming available as an update as they are rolling it out slowly.

BMW Connecteddrive staff frankly haven't a clue. I was told "you need November software " but that was not correct.

Fortunately a local dealer has taken me under his wing and he is determined to see this through.

I will update in a few days when the dealer has been visited.
Appreciate 0