View Single Post
      06-11-2018, 08:44 AM   #27
FlyingLow78
The G8X is a disaster. 🤮
Rep
Drives: Not a BMW anymore

I just turned 40 and have owned 15 cars, several of which I sold after barely a year of ownership, and some after owning just a few months.

I ordered my 2015 M3 basically how I wanted it. I didn't go for a lot of options, but I got the things I wanted and only compromised slightly on the color. It was a great car for three years and I felt like I'd never want to drive anything else. Unfortunately, I totalled it at the track back in January and had to look for something to replace it. I ordered an '18 M3 in exactly the same color with only a few more options, but it's basically the exact same car, and I'm disappointed despite the '18 being either equal or an upgrade in every category.

Just a couple months into owning it and I'm already missing my '15. I miss the lump of low-end torque that was "refined" out of later models, the better stereo, headlights that would accept GFHB coding, the smoother DCT performance (new one seems awfully clunky, despite having the exact same software), and the less intuitive iDrive, but most of all I miss the history I had with that car. Five different European racetracks, road trips across the southeast, European delivery, and the faint patina of ownership that only I noticed.

Another forum member mentioned modifying the car to sustain the enthusiasm, and that does work for a time, but it also leads to compromises. For now I leave the car alone and find my GF's Fiat 500 to be a little riot on wheels. I'd love to have one as a cheap city car.

I totally get the OP's hatred of some cars as well. I couldn't get rid of my E92 M3 quickly enough.
Appreciate 0