10-08-2020, 03:29 PM   #218
Avaley
Captain
Rep
Drives: f32 430ix & 982 GT4 PDK

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by VipinLJ View Post
Yes. I asked them about tunes because I was scared they’d find out that I had tried to flash it, which technically is enough for them to void warranty. But nope. They said absolutely no errors or notifications from the system and even asked if I was tuned since I guess I asked a lot of questions They said they don’t care if the car is tuned or not. It’s the system that cares. If the system doesn’t throw up a warning and they know that the car is tuned, they don’t do anything about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by g20beam View Post
So even after your BM3 incident, they did not find that you had previously attempted to unlock the DME through Bootmod3?

That’s very interesting considering you ran into errors which all got cleared up by BM3 support, and BMW did not find a single thing regarding that, this is very good info if you ask me

+1. Have flashed and been to dealer for service both unflashed to stock and left flashed stage 1 at 2 different service locations. Not a word...most the service techs are mainly focused on getting you in and out, and being able to bill corporate for the standard service, if they want to book that service bill, they prob won't say anything.

my service guy straight up told me i should tune my car while i was covered in standard warranty, but YMMV.
Appreciate 1
VipinLJ1949.00