Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340 RWD

Garage List
2021 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by danf72 View Post
Yeah, the Tesla's will smoke any BMW from a standstill. A Model-3 can also hold it's own on the track really well for a while. They are great cars. That's why I switched to a Tesla from my old BMW 335i. But I test drove the M340i recently and I prefer it to my Model S. I also prefer the M340i over the Tesla Model-3 Performance that I test drove. The interior of the M340i is nicer, the handling is way better, the feel of the car is way, way better, etc. I guess I also miss the engine noise that adds to the fun of driving. Somehow the BMW just has more character while the Tesla does feel like an appliance on wheels. I don't miss trips to the gas stations though. Overall, I'm fairly sure I will switch back either to the M340i or I will wait for the M3 to become more widely available. These cars are fantastic.
I am so old school. I can't live without the noise. For the same reason as soon as race cars go to full battery power I will be gone. I already miss the V-10 days. Will NEVER watch Formula E and won't drive a car that only runs on batteries. Fast is fine, but fast and loud is better.