View Single Post
      11-19-2021, 08:55 PM   #268
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

While I don't technically understand it, the bootloader revision update etc- is exactly what MP/Alex told me was going to happen from BMW. And therefore wasn't happy with the current state of unlocks for the latest DMEs and wouldn't release it for public consumption.

I've met with Alex several several times over the years (as many of you know) he is always tight lipped about his inside sources and work with OEMs. And that's okay (I've learned not to ask) - I don't need to know I just need to know that he is on top of things. I didn't see anyone else talking about this or knowing about changes months ahead, but him. And I for one appreciate and respect that 100%

If the guy would put his wrenches down and stop building cars and/or get out from behind his keyboard writing code and cracking, and look to social media and marketing etc...for exposure, I'm confident his brand would explode exponentially (well beyond the success he already enjoys). While he has customers around the globe...it seems sales, marketing and hype is way down the list in terms of what is important to him. It's just about the product and deliverable for him.

But alas he just goes about his business...people find him and then they get it. Toyota TRD found him - so that's pretty cool
Appreciate 0