Rep
Drives: BMW M 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtticusHoy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenya971 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatKrazyPolak View Post
So your saying these mass delays in production / delivery are being caused by potentially missing pins in the cars headrests?

Was planning on placing an order in the next two weeks, now I'm kind of worried....
From my understanding its just the rear center one. I'm more upset about the communication than the required work. In two weeks I darn sure better have my car and those pins (or whatever) should be part of the normal manufacturing process.

In two weeks it'll be a month since this started and not having it resolved by then is strong sign the company is inept or the car has an undisclosed issue. By then, I would strongly consider cancelling my own order (getting my deposit back) and simply waiting for next years release.
I agree 100%. If customers are being told, after waiting weeks (or months) for a car, that suddenly the car can't be sold to them and there is no timeline for getting the car to them and to just wait patiently until the car arrives at some unknown time...that is a company that clearly doesn't understand how precariously perched on the ledge they are.

Especially when there are perfectly great competitor vehicles on the lots.
In The Netherlands I have just been informed that there are developments related to the delivery stop. A modified headrest is on its way and I can expect my car to be delivered next week Friday. They expect the headrest being delivered at the dealer by mid next week. Keep you all posted.
Appreciate 0