View Single Post
      10-23-2019, 10:06 PM   #1
2020g20
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 330i

Took delivery even though trim was wrong - what can I do?

Just received my new 330 custom build today. Sweet car, but they got the interior trim option wrong. I ordered the 'open pore fine wood oak grain' (matte finish). What I received on the car is the the 'ash grey-brown high gloss'. A totally different look obviously.

Specified clearly on the online build-to-order sheet I provided the dealer to build the car from is the correct 'open pore' grey matte finish, and I still have copies of that (hardcopy and in emails to sales guy). It was also correctly listed on their internal build sheet once they rebuilt the config using their internal BTO system, and I signed a hardcopy of that (but was not given a copy of that sheet unfortunately). However everything they are now pulling from their system after the car was ordered apparently has the wrong trim listed. So not sure where the error occurred. Could be the dealer's fault, could be BMW's...they are not being helpful about figuring out which. But my point to them is, it doesn't matter who screwed up. It wasn't me, so they need to fix it.

Long story short, I'm getting a shocking amount of push back over this. So far I've been told: 1) They aren't in the habit of swapping out interior trim on brand new cars, 2) It wasn't their screw up so they shouldn't have to fix it, 3) They can't even find the appropriate part numbers in their system to order the 'open pore' trim pieces, 4) no one will approve the expenditure of ordering these parts for my car and the service to swap them out.

Can anyone offer advice on protocol or the correct verbiage I should be using to force the dealer to correct this screw up? If I don't get any better response from my sales manager tomorrow, I'm planning on walking into the general manager's office and having a come-to-jesus moment with him. I didn't custom order a car and wait 2 months for it only to have an interior trim arbitrarily assigned to me. Mistakes do happen, but how they are handling it so far is complete and utter BS.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Last edited by 2020g20; 10-23-2019 at 10:14 PM..
Appreciate 0