Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F36 440i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstick View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimma View Post
I am not sure why anyone would choose this over a G20 3-series now..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasco View Post
Why anyone would pay more for an objectively uglier and less sporty looking four door saloon is beyond me, the 4 series GC was thought to be niche when it first came out but sold very very well, I think this one will be another hard product to shift, their is just no justification for its existence in this form.
Because hatchback versatility and functionality versus an antiquated trunk is more important than a minor or unimportant change for some in aesthetics. Also, there is no such thing as "objectively uglier". Aesthetics is 100% subjective.
Ok the answer to the functionality question is
Simply to buy the G21 Touring, if you need a functional boot AND a car that's not got a heinous front you'd just by the 3er estate (or even better the Alpina version).

You are absolutely right re: My objectively uglier comment aesthetics are indeed subjective.........

but it is ugly. and the vast majority agree, just look at the forums, the poles etc. The g80 m3 & m4 forums have more threads dedicated to what ELSE people are going to buy because of the looks. At best the people with a vested interest try and excuse it away, talk about the tech and how advanced the car is. come on dude be honest with yourself.