01-28-2021, 08:16 PM   #278
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasco View Post
Ok the answer to the functionality question is
Simply to buy the G21 Touring, if you need a functional boot AND a car that's not got a heinous front you'd just by the 3er estate (or even better the Alpina version).

You are absolutely right re: My objectively uglier comment aesthetics are indeed subjective.........

but it is ugly. and the vast majority agree, just look at the forums, the poles etc. The g80 m3 & m4 forums have more threads dedicated to what ELSE people are going to buy because of the looks. At best the people with a vested interest try and excuse it away, talk about the tech and how advanced the car is. come on dude be honest with yourself.
In a BMW showroom in the US, the 3 or 4 Series choices will be the sedan, the coupe, the Gran Coupe, or a X3 SAV. We have no station wagons...I need to go to Volvo or MB for one of those, if I liked their cars, both of which I've had in the past. If one wants a BMW here, one must live within those choices. I'm not interested in a tall SAV and rule out the inefficiency of a trunk or a 2-door. That leaves the GC and is likely the appearance I will find with the electric powertrain of the i4 in that same body.

I am already being completely honest with myself. I just have different values that do you. I have been happily living with my Grand Touring, which many others avoid due to design. Who cares? For me, the functionality wins over by far. I can put my bike inside one day or a full load from a Costco trip, or all our luggage on the way to the airport on another. Also, I am being honest with stating that I do not care what others think about how it looks, nor consider "majority rule" in deciding such subjective issues. I may have years ago...but one grows out of that kind of externally-derived esteem.
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 2