View Single Post
      06-01-2017, 06:40 PM   #253
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antetokounmpo View Post
Guys, I clearly stated I just am not a fan of the 2nd or 3rd best player in the world going to the already best team in the league WHO JUST BEAT HIM IN THE WCF. It's a weak move IMO and that's it. I think KD and Russ could've taken down GS if they stayed together and got another player like serge. I think it sucks for the fans because it takes a lot of the fun away from watchmaking by having one juggernaut super duper team.

That being said, I'm a bucks fan just waiting another 2 years for the bucks to be the best team in the east.

I get that it sucks for everybody but Warrior fans. But, to call out KD directly? My view is that he is 3 things (at least): 1) an athlete 2) an employee making a living, and 3) a human being.

Athletes want to win. Its in their DNA. I think most athletes given the opportunity would switch to a team that has a better chance of winning.

Also, most employees would switch jobs for a better compensation.

And finally, he's human. He's not piece of machinery put here on this earth to please the fans. He gave Oklahoma 8 years. As I said, they didn't do whatever it took to keep him. At some point, loyalty is trumped (sorry) by what his athlete self and employee self are telling him. Why in the world would he want to go to a team other than the Warriors or another contending team if he had a choice? Its not his job to create balance of talent in the NBA. If there's something wrong with the system, then the NBA should establish rules to create better balance between the teams. To put that burden on an individual player is not reasonable to me.

I felt the same way when LBJ went to Miami. It's not the players' job to take a lesser deal for the benefit of the league a whole. The NBA and its owners have to sort this out so the season actually means something. Durant or any other player for that matter can't and shouldn't be expected to be anything other than an athlete wanting to win and an employee wanting to get the best compensation they can.
Appreciate 1
kprocivic812.50