02-19-2020, 08:42 PM   #8
TheRetroGuy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 330i xDrive mSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajus198 View Post
Do you have the 330 or the M340? I can't tell. You're the guy to ask because that's the exact combo I'm trying to get.

Do you have any other cars you've driven to compare to your experience with your vehicle? Thanks for taking the time to explain it to me bro. I appreciate it.

Logically speaking. I actually put myself in this situation.

I like the 330 with M Sport and I figured the adaptive suspension would be better off than the M Sport Suspension, so I sought this out. Not sure why I'm overly surprised ��
Mine is 2020 330i xdrive msport with 19" 791M black rims and 225/40 run flat tires (Bridgestone LS100 specifically). Prior car was a Lexus 3rd gen IS 250 F-sport RWD and even though that car had staggered 18" and non-run flats, the bimmer takes rough pavement better all the way around. But at the same time I'm comparing a new car to a 6 year old car and time can affect certain things things like suspension mounts. I always thought the Lexus was a good combination of tight, but not too jarring or noisy, but the 330i definitely rides smoother overall. Also doing the comparison between the bimmer with new run flats versus the Lexus with a brand new set of Continental DWS non-run flat all seasons... I hated the Continentals btw.. Michelins I had before that were much better.

I think part of it is the G20 is just generally set up for better damping of rough pavement and noise absorption. Don't get me wrong it makes plenty of the right kind of noise in sport mode, and good-god does it ever have more power than the Lexus. For another comparison, I once had a Nissan Maxima that also had 255hp with a 3.5 liter V6, but if that was 255hp then the 330i feels more like 300+ HP. I think it's the torque the twin scroll turbo brings. As all the videos I watched said, the 330i (especially the xdrive version) punches way above its weight class in power.

Last edited by TheRetroGuy; 02-19-2020 at 08:50 PM..
Appreciate 0