10-16-2021, 10:52 AM   #5
cdog2964
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 650i Xdrve

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfbimmer View Post
Hello cdog2964,

Let me try to explain what is the most likely scenario you have. Dealers get allocations (production slots) for these cars (say every month or so). If they have customers waiting for a specific model config, they can order exactly the car such a customer wants. Otherwise dealerships will place orders for cars with configurations they think they can sell. These days the allocations for dealers are limited (eg 2 M440i per allocation cycle as I am waiting for a M440i myself). I presume no dealer will waste an allocation slot, so they will make a generic config order. There is a long delay now ~2-3 months for these cars between order placement & build start. A dealer can alter the original order's options almost completely up until production start. Your dealer seem to have a 430 they are happy to customize for you. Go for it as that is a hard find these days as most people need to wait the full period. MSRP is a decent ask given market condition now.
However, you may be disappointed that BMW removed number of options specially from the 430 series when compared to 440 seres. Still a good car to get unless there are certain must have options you can't get.

As per making sure you got what is agreed, you can do below.
1. Place the order with the dealer. Open dealerships will let you sit with the sales person and place the order. Your sales person can show you the order placed and you can double check the options right there.
2. Ask the dealer for production number. Dealer get this within a day of order placing. They should already have this for a previously placed order
3. Setup an account and track your car using the oder production number. You can also call the BMW genius line and talk to live person to track your car.
Here is a thread on gory details : https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1181156

Hope this helps
Awesome info SFBIMMER. Thank you. And im really in no rush other than the interest rates going up which i also think is unlikely, at least in the near term.
Appreciate 0