Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i

Garage List
2019 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebest View Post
I went into the dealership today for the annual maintenance service. Inquired to update the iDrive software to the 7/2020 version with wireless Android Auto. The service advisor told me the update will be available for free OTA this fall, but if I want to get it installed at the dealership now there will be a cost. He even showed me an email dated 8/4/20 from BMW to the service advisors that mentioned it. When I asked him how much the cost would be he said it'll be $300. I was quite baffled by it as I have never heard BMW charging a fee for software update. My vehicle is a 2019 BMW 330 with Live Cockpit Professional. Anyhow, I tried to argue with no vale as he insisted he was following the guideline and I'd have to pay to do the software upgrade. Does anyone here have the same issue? I'd prefer to do the update at the dealership as I don't want something to go wrong during OTA.
Well there's this:

https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=26490798

But honestly I didn't know how to explain the second SIB so I got 03/2020.39 sw and was told I received the latest...

Now I just want to code my car, my guess is we can't do our own software updates with esysx?
Appreciate 0