09-12-2019, 09:52 AM   #4611
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 MWM ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Everyone has their own issues, and I don't think there is anything wrong with being an introvert. My wife is one.

But reading some of your posts especially about few women taking interest in you is selling yourself short in my opinion.

Just trust your gut in these situations as it sounds like it's worked pretty well in other areas of your life.

I'm a big believer in karma....so be the best person you can be and when things are ready to happen in that aspect, I feel that they will happen no matter how long it takes.

I just read about you becoming withdrawn and losing interest, and you really need to break that cycle as much as your personality will allow as it could lead to more distrust of others....and you might miss out on someone who could care less about your financial accomplishments.

No one should have to feel that way unless that's just what they prefer.

Like I said...my wife is an introvert. I'm the opposite so she's come out of her shell big time in the last 8 year's or so. But she's also taught me that sometimes I'm too trusting of people. And let's face it, reality is that there are plenty of people out there looking to take advantage of others. It sucks but it's true.

It's definitely give and take between her and I as I have to respect her boundaries.

Not trying to critize you as I'm definitely not a shining example for people to follow.

I guess in all my ramblings....I'm just saying don't sell yourself short when it comes to this area of your life. Obviously you are successful, and you deserve to be happy in other areas of your life as well.

And if that means a partner to share your life with or just spend time with....you are as entitled to that as much as anyone else is.

Yours is just a unique situation given the circumstances, so I can appreciate the apprehension you may have. It just unfortunately means you might have to wade through more BS than other people might have to.
I guess I'm confident in my work and things I know, not confident in myself personally. I don't like crowds (especially not crowds of strangers), I hate small talk, feel very awkward and uncomfortable meeting people (unless it's work related). Don't know why but feel like I've always been like that.

As for being withdrawn and losing interest, I'm trying to break that, but I'm just really struggling to find anything that interests me enough to do. And I'm not sure how to make anything seem more interesting. Part of it is having done a lot of things over the years hobby wise. I've done stamp and coin collecting. Built model cars and planes (and trucks). Raced RC cars. Done glass engraving. I used to knit and crochet back in the 70s (and macramé).

The old saying the only difference between men and boys is the price of their toys might be true also. I *could* be interested in racing karts or even cars, but that's not an evenings and weekends hobby that I really need - something to stop me being bored and irritated in the evenings. I could get my NZ pilots license transferred to a US license, but I question the value of it here. I could even look into my rotary wing license, but that's of even more questionable value and still not something I can do in the evenings. I'm past the pub and club scene but still enjoy a drink. I'm having a wine fridge installed in my new home, and have ordered a pool table and shuffleboard table - maybe those will pique some interest. I used to play pool as a kid and enjoyed it.

I do have extrovert friends who draw me out, but only occasionally. I don't always enjoy what they want to do like happy hour downtown on a Friday night - last thing I want to do is battle traffic to fight for a carpark to be jammed in a crowded bar with my nose in someone's armpit just for a cheap drink. Rather buy a really nice bottle of something and have a quiet drink at home. Like an introvert would

I've got a lot of soul searching and thinking to do - thanks for your thoughts. Got to find a way out of this rut.

As for my other problem - blocked on Facebook. No longer a problem
Appreciate 2
Kelse921131.50