View Single Post
      08-09-2020, 10:22 AM   #1
tnsatbhs
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i xDrive

Garage List
First Ceramic Coating Installed on my M340i!

Finally got my car after a longer than usual wait (COVID related plant shutdowns right after my order was accepted) and was able to get the car properly detailed and coated this weekend. I started the process by foaming the car and then doing a two bucket wash. Then chemically decontaminated and clayed the car. There were a couple paint defects that I wanted to take care of so I followed the decon up with a light polishing. A quick panel wipe and I was ready to install the ceramic coating, which was my first foray into coatings. I've used sealants and SiO2 enhanced products in the past, but never a true coating. After much research, I ended up going with one coat of GTechniq Crystal Serum Light and two coats of Exo V4 for the coating. I had read many horror stories with ceramic coatings (difficult to install, high spots, hazing, etc.), but thankfully I didn't run into any issues. I did pay a lot of attention to the prep and took my time doing everything, which I think really helped make this a smooth install. In the end, I'm really happy with the gloss and smoothness provided from the coating, and am looking forward to the protection it provides hopefully for the entire lease term. I will definitely be installing ceramic coatings on all my cars moving forward.

Products used:

Meguiars Hyper Wash D11001
Meguiars Non-Acid Tire and Wheel Cleaner D14301
McKee's 37 Xtreme Iron Remover
McKee's 37 N914 for Clay lube
Aquapel Glass Coating
Meguiars M205
Lake Country White Flat Pad
CarPro Eraser
GTechniq Crystal Serum Light
GTechniq ExoV4
Attached Images