View Single Post
      11-23-2021, 08:42 PM   #8
denius
Rep
Drives: bmw m340i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by zazzau View Post
I have a 2021 M340i xDrive without this issue (though I'm aware of a thread where others are reporting this); I wonder if this problem affects a specific year and/or model
From my understanding looking into it, it does seem that way. Just really frustrated with this noise, it just sounds like a bird or cricket in the engine or something.

Inde shop said same thing one of the mechanics had a 2021 and no noise. They said the noise seems to be coming from high pressure fuel pump/turbocharger area. Allthough to me, it doesn't seem like any of those things going by the noise. It sounds almost like a diff noise so more likely to be pulley, belt, tensionor, bearing, something of that sort because it gets more rapid is you accelerate and a little louder.

I will keep pursuing it because it drives me absolutely nuts as the car is perfect otherwise.

There are a few high quality youtube videos of the 2020 POV drives where you can hear it on light and steady acceleration. That's why I think this is a 2020 model problem

Last edited by denius; 11-23-2021 at 08:45 PM.. Reason: wanted to add something and didn't want to post again
Appreciate 0