07-06-2020, 02:41 PM   #339
clausmoll
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 330i Touring M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by berghagen View Post
Update - day 3 (working days):
After contact with BMW centrally, they've decided to install anti-resonance parts. Not sure about what they are or how/where they are installed on the car. Would be happy if any of you know and could link/explain what it is?
This will be done probably sometime during the next week, while waiting for the parts needed, I took my car back instead of driving a loaner.

We'll see if this resonance-installation will make any difference, otherwise we'll just go to the next step. It's very clear that the sound is not supposed to be there after driving a 5-series loaner, should be some difference of course but not this radical. Also, now BMW can't say it's a "cosmetic" problem, since they've agreed to try and fix it with a anti-resonance kit. Would be very weird if they in step 2 said that it doesn't make a big enough difference to fix it, when they've already tried with anti resonance parts.

What do you think about this? Should I continue to update? Anyone else in the same process?
The same resonance fittings they have installed on all the problematic cars, including mine. They won't make any real difference, so don't get too excited.

My dealership has completely let me and other customers down. They are pretending the spareparts are making a huge difference, eventhough they are not. And I know, I'm stuck drivning the damn car every day.

Please keep updating on your situation. It's very much appreciated. Thanks.
Appreciate 0