View Single Post
      07-07-2020, 05:47 PM   #343
berghagen
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandPete View Post
From 5km/h.... that begs a few more questions. What can generate the sound from such a low road speed? Is it vibration or grinding?

If from rotating parts, we have to wonder if it is in some way engine bay generated, as that is where parts are getting more rpm and potential vibration frequencies, at such low road speeds.

I wonder if the sound is the same "on and off" the throttle, at low road speeds.

So strange, if can be at a very low speed, on the other hand, known to change intensity with road surface at higher speeds. Puzzling, to say the least.
Indeed... Throttle doesn't impact the sound for me. I believe it's from vibrations from the bearings or the breaks which travel way too easily to the inside of the car, creating the amplified resonance sound of small vibrations. I can sometimes hear it from 10km/h depending on the surface underneath, and almost disappears completely, on asphalt that was made like the day before, in 90-100km/h.

Indicates that the vibrations are "created" close to both the tires and the chassi. They wrote in their files while ordering parts that it "sounds like the bearings" as well. My guess is that BMW knows the answers by now and how to fix them, just waiting to see how bad it really is - how much it affects their sales. If someone works in media, please write about this haha

Those are my thoughts.
Appreciate 3
Hornet59.00
greekcs773.00