View Single Post
      07-25-2019, 06:58 PM   #251
chazbarrington
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Took delivery on Monday, coming from an F30 340i M Sport (Sloppy Sally). Love it so far, feels like driving the future.

TL;DR - It’s larger, faster, quieter, built like a tank, driving dynamics are great, and it’s buggy.

Driving - Comfort mode = Lexus mode. Not necessary a bad thing when toting your parents around. Sport modes bring out the alter ego. The exhaust burbling and popping literally turns heads. Handling is night and day vs. F30 and it's very fast.

Quality - Major improvement. Everything inside the F30 cabin squeaked or creaked when pressed on. The G20 is tight as a drum. I never thought shutting a door could sound so satisfying

Safety stuff - Lane departure steering intervention is freaky. Nothing like merging onto a freeway and panicking when the steering wheel locks up. Yeah I know, use my turn signal…

HK - Audio is subjective but I think it sounds more refined than the F30 HK with improved imaging and clarity. Doesn’t seem to play as loud or have the same heavy (dirty) bass dynamics though.

CarPlay - WTH BMW? Half the time my iPhoneX won’t connect when I get in the car then I have to disable/enable wi-fi to reconnect. Sometimes it’ll connect when I get into the car then drop as I back out of the driveway. Curious if the transition from home wi-fi to car wi-fi is the culprit. On the plus side sound quality is excellent. Anyone concerned that wireless CarPlay sounds like Bluetooth can relax. I assume the wi-fi connection is not compressing the source.

More stuff:

The power door lock/unlock buttons are now on the doors
Seat memory buttons are now on the door
The hot/cold air mixer on the center vent is gone
The turn signal now stays up or down when activated
Blind spot warning indicators are now in the side mirror glass, easier to see
The SOS button is further back. No more opening the lid when trying to open the sunroof!
Appreciate 4
clee1982797.50
ben_mw23.00
A6bullet337.00