11-15-2018, 06:09 PM   #37
JRobUSC
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mineral Gray 2019 330i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viffermike View Post
That's hooey. iOS is susceptible, too. Every platform is susceptible. Besides: If Android is so susceptible in comparison, why is the take rate among consumers comparable to iOS? Do Android users just 'do without' contemporary functions that require high levels of encryption such as mobile pay and password storage? :: laughs ::

BMW isn't protecting owner privacy; it's protecting its own, at the expense of potential owner satisfaction. BMW has a long history of this.

Oh, and other brands are protecting owner's privacy. For instance, the brand I now drive (Porsche) rejected Google integration via Android Auto for precisely the reasons you state. Here's an article on The Verge about it from 2015. Furthermore, Porsche does not install conventional Event Data Recorders in its cars, primarily to protect owners rights regarding operation.

So I repeat: Wha-whaaaa?
So you provided a link that says Porsche refuses to integrate Android Auto for the same reason BMW says it won't integrate Android Auto, and yet you're applauding Porsche for doing so, while belittling BMW for it for the same reason. That makes no sense. But it's par for the course in these forums.

I guess it's my turn to ask: Wha-whaaaa?
Appreciate 2