04-15-2021, 10:54 AM   #88
RigaTony1982
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW Z4 M40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post
I'm doing nothing special in my case and simply adjusting the seats to a comfortable position for me personally. Unfortunately it's not likely to be useful to share an individual's seating position due to varying body sizes, height, weight, etc. I'm 5'10" for what it's worth so have plenty of room to work with. Not sure how it would be for drivers over 6'.

I haven't taken my car for any long drives yet, so maybe I don't have much to contribute in terms of long term use per se. I only know that compared to a number of other cars I've had, including the Audi S3 currently, the M340 is much better. Believe it or not, the seats in my Audi are manually adjustable, no power. For some reason the optional sport seats are manually adjusted. Go figure. Needless to say the full electrically adjustable seats are much more well, adjustable.

Most of the seats I have ever experienced are on the firm side and have been leather. However, this is the first time experiencing Vernasca which is a bit firmer than the typical Nappa leather seats I've had in multiple Audis, at least on the surface material. I don't mind it however, and in fact I think I prefer this feel. Some of it is also aesthetic as I love the contrast blue stitching on the black leather.

I wish that I could be more helpful.
I'm 6'4" about 220 pounds and find the seats very comfortable. To TiMSport's point, the adjustments are going to vary greatly based on body type, but I started with the seat all the way back as far as it would go and completely deflated the side bolsters and lumbar. I then moved the seat forward and adjusted height and all that until I had a good driving position. As far as the bolsters and lumbar, I had to play with them over a few days but got them in a position where everything is good.

One thing I will add is the lumbar and bolsters are NOT tied to the seat memory function, so if someone else drives your car and changes them they will not go back to where you had them.
Appreciate 0