09-22-2021, 08:57 PM   #111
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 330i,‘16 X3,‘18 SQ5,‘17 A7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingplant View Post
Is there any reason I'd ever use a slot (is that what they're called?) that's occupied by an existing fuse already when there appear to be so many empty unused slots in the car? It seems to me like using an empty one should always be better, since you won't modify the existing circuit (no chance that the add-a-fuse isn't working properly and somehow blows the existing fuse, or that you accidentally connect the two fuses in series rather than in parallel).

Trying to figure out how I should wire a battery pack for a dashcam into the fusebox. Seems like I'd probably want an empty ACC slot (not looking to drain the car's battery while the car is off). I simply plug in the add-a-fuse leaving the bottom fuse empty (since the port was unused before) and then plug like a 15A fuse into the top so I can get 9A from it, and then plug that into the the external battery pack (i.e. B-124X).

Just checking with the more experienced folks around here. Am I missing anything here?
You can use empty slots as long as there's current supplied all the time or when the car is in acc mode. No issues there.
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
Appreciate 0