View Single Post
      05-03-2023, 12:38 PM   #130
k4sh_90
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i xDrive

Garage List
Just got done doing my dash cam install and wanted to say thanks to everyone on here for the super useful tips and info. Rain started coming towards the end of the install so I couldn't snag any photos, but here's a synopsis:

Dash cam is a Viofo A139 Pro, single channel, paired with a Blackboxmycar Powercell 8 Battery Pack.

Blackboxmycar recommends using at least a 20A fuse to tap for the battery packs. They ship add a fuse kit of every size, with accompanying 20A fuses.

I used the passenger footwell fuse box for power connections. F54 was empty in my car and fuse diagram says it's a 20A slot. I used a circuit tester to verify it's an ACC circuit, and that the right side is the hot side.

I used the ATO sized fuse tap to match what the fuse box had. I put their provided 20A ATO fuse in the top part of the fuse tap, nothing at the bottom, and put the fuse tap in the vehicle with the leg pointing left.

Battery pack comes with Velcro stickers, so I stuck it on the carpet against the back of the passenger side footwell. The Tuxmat floor mats cover up that entire area, so the pack and wiring are out of sight.

Rest of the install is straight forward as everyone else has done. Dash cam power up the A pillar and over to the camera. Verified the battery pack switches to discharge mode once vehicle is asleep, and camera parking mode recording turns on.

Hey Google, play "Who Am I" by Beenie Man

Last edited by k4sh_90; 05-03-2023 at 12:59 PM..
Appreciate 0