View Single Post
      07-26-2020, 10:37 PM   #100
VetteGuy
Captain
Rep
Drives: Arctic Race Blue M440iX

It’s the evolution of the industry, across the board. The manufacturers, including BMW, need to design products to compete for the younger, less traditional buyers. Subtle is over. It’s always going to be about the profit and a few dozen enthusiasts on this forum aren’t going to a make a major impact the designs or even the LCI.

I’m 68 and I’ve watched it with the Corvette. Corvette traditionalists (average new corvette buyer has been 60+ for many years now) bitched about the loss of round taillights with the C7, and even louder about the mid-engine and the loss of the third pedal in the C8 this year. But, with boomers fading and a new modern design, the age of the Corvette buyers is falling considerably, and sales are off the charts with every 2020 and a substantial portion of the 2021 production pre-sold.

I’ve found BMWs to be the perfect sports sedan since the 1980s. I don’t like their SUVs nearly as much as I like my Jeep Grand Cherokee, but BMW had to jump into the SUV business which accounts for about 1/2 of their US sales. I just down understand big expensive sports SUVs from performance manufacturers, but it’s what a lot of people want.

Today, I’m looking for a new DD and liking the new M440i coupe a lot. My only issue with the grill is the silver teeth in it. Should have been plain black 1/4 inch diamond mesh, or horizontal bars like the M3/4 are going to have, which actually look pretty cool. It will be an easy mod.
Appreciate 0