SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: G20 M340iX

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaviatrix View Post
Interesting, I wonder if I have the same issue as I've now had two updates fail to load. I got a message a couple of days back that the latest one, downloaded to my iPhone but not prompted to be installed to the car, is about to expire. I'm awaiting a response from the Connected Drive team to my latest email - my car goes in for service tomorrow so I was hoping to know one way or the other by now.

Last time, they told me I had to have driven the car for more than 100 km in one go to get the update to install. Last weekend I did two trips of c. 300 km, in each case without stopping, but still no joy so it seems that wasn't the issue ... I'm awaiting their next genius response.
Yep, the “drive the car for a 100 km” is the standard response from BMW Australia.

Yesterday, I spoke with the Genius at the dealership and he advised me how to remove my phone completely from the car.
You can delete the Bluetooth connection easily by simply selecting delete.
With the wifi connection, you have to “ignore this wifi” on your phone before you are able to delete this from the car.
I’m hoping to have time to do this today and then reinstall my phone to the car.
Here’s hoping this will fix the problem, and allow the car to install the software update.

Failing this, the Genius said that he will come to my home when I get back to Adelaide.
He also said that he has reported this update problem to BMW many times and is very frustrated that the issue has not been addressed by BMW in Germany.
Although this doesn’t help us, he also said that there have been no issues with vehicles using iDrive8.