View Single Post
      03-09-2024, 12:34 AM   #1
SevenNine
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2024 M340i Skyscraper Grey

Placed my first custom order for 2024 M340i

Today I got an allocation and placed an order for my second BMW and first one custom ordered. I'm excited and anxious for the wait.

Initially I wanted to order a M3 which is my long time dream car. But after some wise thinking/rethinking and test driving the M340i, I decided that financially I'm not ready for M3 yet and the M340 is exciting enough for now. It's fast enough and sporty enough for me to enjoy while using my money for some investments that will allow me to hopefully afford a M3 one day. I know, I know....the two are not the same cars. This will be my daily and only car.

Anyway, I contacted a local broker 2 days ago, after couple of local dealerships didn't get back to me when I asked for allocation to order the car. One dealer tried to sell me the car I test drove but I didn't like the color combo (white on black leather - no thanks). I knew exactly the spec I wanted and didn't want to compromise on anything.

Surprisingly the broker got back to me today with allocation and said the order can be placed immediately with production number. Which I did of course and got production number with status 111. Not only that but I didn't even have to pay him a broker fee. He said the dealership is paying him. Moreover, I got $1,800 off MSRP plus the $1,000 loyalty and $1,000 financing rebates. ETA I'm told is 2-3 months for the car to arrive.

Here is the spec I ordered:

Skyscraper Grey Metallic
Tacora Red SensaTec
Aluminum Rhombicle Anthracite Trim

Cooling and High Performance Tire Package
- with 19" M Double-spoke Bi-color Jet Black Wheels, Style 792M with Mixed Tires
Driving Assistance Package
Parking Assistance Package
Premium Package
Shadowline Package
- with M Sport Brakes with Red Calipers
SensaTec Dashboard
Harman Kardon surround sound system

How do you guys handle the wait time?
Appreciate 6
Dan B314.00
Pkinneb19.50
Llarry16664.50