View Single Post
      06-09-2020, 12:42 PM   #32
Benjamin_Nicholas
BEAST? ... How dare you.
Rep
Drives: BMW, Porsche

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittonian View Post
I appreciate the responses and your concern but I would still like to know the fuse number for the cellular connection in this vehicle. Pulling a fuse for a minute and putting it back in is child's play. Just don't know which one to try. If it doesn't work, I'm no worse off than I am right now.

FYI for anyone who wants to know, the fuses are in the trunk panel and are F212, F214, F215, F216. I pulled them, waited and reseated and now my wife's phone will connect to CarPlay and is properly recognized. Still no Connected Drive connectivity but a little progress at least. Car still doesn't see any newer software update past July 2019.

Additional update. I was informed that the cellular fuse is F4 which is in the BDC (a real pain in the ass to get to btw). I pulled it, let is reset, and put it back in. Now the BMW Connected app in the car works, but it still shows no new software, nor will it communicate with my phone (still says last update on Oct 21, 2019).

My dealer said that they can update it via their diagnostic computer but they will also have to do the control board update which takes away 40 horsepower. I want the communications with my phone to work so I can use ventilate now (my fav remote feature) but I don't want to lose 40 horsepower in the process. I was told there was no way to not do that update if they update the software (seems like there should be a way to only update the software and not do the control board update but.... dealers are dealers).
You were told here that there was only one OTA, yet you still want to take the hard way out and fiddle with your vehicle.

Lose factory HP on an update? No. That's never been confirmed and is a wild rumor. If that were the actual case, you'd need to sign a legal document to approve it, as to have BMW corp avoid costly class-action lawsuits.

You clearly have a bit of an obsession to go at this alone. That's fine, but please don't come back here and cry that you weren't warned or that you now need to go to the dealership for a fix.

And FYI, BMW has confirmed that the North American OTA updates are staggered, as is the norm, based on your VIN. It's a 30-50 day process which started less than two weeks ago.
2023 BMW X5M
2020 BMW M340i (retired)
Appreciate 0