aeaustinG20
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M340

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayko_M340 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeaustinG20 View Post
Recently installed the JB4 from Burger Tuning on my M340 (xdrive). Been running Map 1 & 2 for a few days. Initial thoughts on tune:

1. Super easy to install. I'm not much a DIY'er but with a couple YouTube videos it was a piece of cake.
2. Blue tooth adapter with iOS App = A+. Real time feed with the gauges is a very cool, and the ability to change maps and settings on the fly is impressive.
3. Power (even in Map 1) is serious. Instant power all through the bands; seamless shifting.
4. Ability to uninstall the tune when going in for a service; 👌🏽

Conclusion: If you're looking for a piggy back tune, this seems to be a great option. Very happy with the investment so far.
I also have a JB4 installed on my M340 as well. Love it but there are a few issues you may run into. Seems as if Jb4 isn’t as optimized for the M340 B58’s yet. On Map 5 with a E30 mix it’s a gamble whether the car will function properly or not. Throws a drivetrain malfunction for me and seems to be running quite lean most of the time. Map 1 & 2 with 91 pump are solid though, never had a issue. Only run into issues whenever I push it a little. Love it regardless highly recommend it but just give it time so they figure some stuff out. Let me know if you run into any similar issues.
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind as I get more experience with the available map settings.

Map 1 & 2 with 93 octane have been flawless so far. As a daily driver, it's likely I won't be out of these two all that much.
Appreciate 0