Rep
Drives: 2019 G20 330i

Garage List
2019 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBJ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by havenyoung View Post
-If out-of-factory iLevel is older than 20-07-5xx , the vehicle supports digital key 1.0, which only supports Android phones, and the period of use is within one year after the opening of the connected driving contract; (If the user needs to use an Apple phone, the vehicle can be upgraded in the future Software, refresh the BDC module to support digital key 1.5. The specific support time and details of digital keys for Apple mobile phone users to be determined.)
It seems, based on your translation, that pre July 2020 built BMWs with the 1.0 digital key (Samsung) can be upgraded to support digital key 1.5 (Apple). The body domain controller can just be upgraded? If so, that's great news for all of us that got screwed by this out of cycle update. Then again I doubt it as BMW would have said so when announcing Digital Key.

I really hope it's true though
I'm hoping for that as well. I think BMW was afraid to create even more confusion as Android Auto is also on the way.
Another perspective is that If you look at the latest press about the July update, their strategy is to sell you as many post-purchase upgrades as possible. I doubt they would let this opportunity go if people are willing to pay.
Appreciate 0