View Single Post
      04-21-2020, 05:04 PM   #173
rd.m340x
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i Xdrive / 1999 Porsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstnstr View Post
You would have to remove the ECU from the vehicle and send it in to Mission. Unless the software version in your car is from November of 2019 or earlier, then you can tune over OBD. I was in the same boat, ended up going JB4 until Mission or PTF has OBD tuning available. I didn't really consider AA even though they are in FL, as I had a very bad experience with them in the past.
I was considering also AA, but I have a doubt, on MP web, there is an option for EEPROM Memory backup

Here is the description:

"**EEPROM area holds security keys, error memory, performance statistics and other vital infomation that is used by dealers during diagnostic. We have unique ways that allow us to be the only company on the market to offer our clients a full backup of the un-modified EEPROM area over OBD2 port. This data is stored on our servers and can be used by us to flash it back to the computer on the bench at our facility. The customer can also request this data to be transfered to them if they prefer to use their own shop of choice to have this data written back in."

Does that means that if engine failure would happen, I can send MP my ECU get it Flash back to EEPROM Full to stock?

Does that means that BMW wouldn't be able to tell ECU was tuned?
Appreciate 0