04-15-2023, 11:32 AM   #115
springerdrive
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool7 View Post
I wish I saw this post earlier.
I have my Viofo hardwired with Cellink Neo battery. But even I turn Viofo off when parked in garage, it still drain Neo completely after a few days. I monitor the circult for a while, found BMW wakes up by itself after a while, that triggered camera to power up and then switch to
parking mode.

Is there a way to fix this behaviour? I really like my Viofo setup and don't want to spend another grand and half for BMW advanced eyes.
I have not had this problem with my Viofo A229 Duo connected to a Cellink Neo in my 2022 M340xi. I often turn the camera off when I don't need/want parking mode. I've never had it turn itself back on until I open a door. How are you connecting to the battery? Is your Cellink connected to the correct fuse? I use a Power Output Cable w/ Spliced Viofo USB-C (T130/A229) Hardwire Kit from BlackboxMyCar (be sure to select the correct item from the dropdown menu).

Here is a thread describing my installation. I hope this might help.

P.S. There are a number of statements in the post you quoted from SteveAus that I have found to be incorrect. He states that there's no need for a wiring accessory because "the battery bypasses the need to use this product as it is independent of the car’s battery." This is not true. The Cellink battery relies on the car's battery to charge, and the Power Output Cable w/ Spliced Viofo USB-C (T130/A229) Hardwire Kit enables the camera to enter parking mode when the car's battery stops sending power to the Cellink Neo.

Last edited by springerdrive; 04-15-2023 at 11:43 AM..
Appreciate 0