View Single Post
      12-17-2018, 11:46 AM   #183
newuser310
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335

I just have to say this is super disappointing and I don't see how BMW can keep this up long term. A new Honda Accord for $24k comes with steer assist, full-stop radar cruise, and Carplay which as far as I'm concerned is better than any "real" satnav system. I just got a company car, a Camry XLE, which similarly has leather, dual climate, pano sunroof, Carplay, radar cruise, wireless phone charger, heated seats and it was $27k. Obviously the BMW is the better car but how can it not come with basically anything standard at such a price? How can an Accord or Camry at half the price offer significantly better tech and features than a car 2x as much? I don't remember it being like this even 2 years ago. 2 years ago a Honda Accord had absolutely no advantage or consideration vs a 340i, but now, it is more spacious, has a nice interior (previous gen Accord interior was atrocious), and better tech than the 3er unless you load it to over $60k?

When comparing to similar caliber cars it's just as bad. You can get an E300 for mid to high 50s and while not as fast or sporty is just absolutely a better car. Hell, even the 540i is under $59k and is surely a better and more well equipped vehicle. I'm just not sure I understand the market for this except people who just don't care about value. If it's purely about driver experience for you then get an M3 which would be barely more. Who is this car for?
Appreciate 0