View Single Post
      03-13-2017, 11:38 AM   #148
csu87
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
As a Diehard Cowboys fan... I am officially SICK of hearing Romo's name. Love the guy's game (when healthy) and he has great character and will certainly make for a fantastic analyst if he decides to go that route. But it would appear that teams are currently calling Jerry's bluff, even though the Texans definitely need him more than anybody besides Cleveland. So Dallas can restructure his contract to appeal to other teams for a quicker move for something in return (better than nothing) or hold onto him til preseason when eventually some team WILL need him. I don't like the idea of cutting him and paying out all that ca$h either. But Jerry fracked up with that over priced deal to begin with. I almost say frack it, and ship him to the Browns for something! This is a "business" not a "do right by" friendship.
But the media is gonna beat the living ish out of this story up until he is moved...
unfortunately, that "overpriced" deal is the norm for starting QBs with probowl level performance. Look how much Cousins has made in the last 2 years, or how much Glennon just got paid despite being a perennial backup. Below average starting QBs get $15mill/yr. Average get 17-18 and probowl get 20-25mill. Dak is going to get a 25-27mill deal in 3 years if the cap and salaries keep trending the way they are.

I dont see them cutting romo at this point. It doesnt really help their cap situation. Texans will eventually trade for him. They have to at this point. We wont get much in return as far as compensation, but we will get to offload his contract.
Appreciate 1
TXSTYLE13653.00