View Single Post
      05-20-2019, 10:14 PM   #9
Brooks86
Registered
Rep
Drives: i3, E71, G20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilyam5 View Post
You guys should stop the panic. The same stuff was happening on the X5 board in December last year. it is a new product with new technology. it takes time to figure it out. read the manual.

99% percent of that stuff is user error. (dealers are worse than users, they do not want to learn the product. Just ask on the board)

Here is how to make 3d view and remote stuff work:

It is a sequence of events that needs to happen

You buy the car
Dealer sends electronic registration to bmw at delivery
Car appears on your account with bmw connected services. Email is the primary search field
Go to bmw connected website and open the account with this email. You should see your car. If not go back to dealer and ask them to register. Call BMW connected to make sure the server is online.

When you see you car on line. Download app on iPhone. Android does not work for remote start
Log in to app with your account. You should see your car. If not - repeat the steps above until you do.

Go to the car and enable all services. Including data privacy. Remote start and remote 3d is part of it

On i drive create your profile with the same email as connected drive
Sync it.

On the apple app
Remote start is called. Climatize
Click it. Look for red bar to turn green,

3d view should now show refresh view. It should take a second to connect to server. takes several tries.

Also try to update services (click on app menu, go to the left screen sub-menu. click option below idrive scroller next to gearbox, select update services) and reboot the Nav to get connected properly after all the above (hold volume button in for 30 sec).
Thanks for the tips. Tried all of these, no dice. All of the available geniuses huddled around my car were totally dumbfounded during my last visit and shrugged collectively when I asked for an ETA on potential fixes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyd2 View Post
LOL talk about burying the lead. I think maybe if this was actually happening we may of heard about it.
You should absolutely fact check information provided by strangers on the Internet and draw your own conclusions.

Though you may not have heard about the issue, believe it or not, I test drove an M330i with this issue during the “March Into Spring Test Drive Event.” During the route we took around the dealership, the sales associate had us specifically avoid certain nearby roadways, including those with construction. Seemed perfectly normal to me as the dealer would likely not want the vehicles damaged by roadwork, potholes, or wet tar/asphalt. When we arrived back at the dealership I started working on numbers with the Portfolio Manager. He pulled up the car on the computer and showed me a big red stop sign next to the vehicle description (and a half dozen others) in their inventory. The note in the system said “Lane Keeping Assist Fault.” He called the sales manager in to ask what the deal was and then went through the entire saga with me and said they actually couldn’t sell me the car until BMW came up with a software update or workaround. I wanted to experience the issue for myself so we drove out back and I was pointed straight in the direction of the nearest empty construction area. As we passed through, I was instructed to keep my hands tightly on the wheel as we transitioned from areas where paint was solid on the road to areas where missing / double yellow down the center stopped and reflectors started. Sure enough the car jerked straight onto the left side of the road and centered itself. Scary stuff. Had to put the turn signal on to get back over to the right and then he told me just to turn off the Intelligent Driving features altogether to keep it from happening again.

BMW released an update a few weeks later. The update fixed the lane keep/departure issue on the M models but added some new problems to non-M cars. What I heard when I last visited with the geniuses was that most of the bugged vehicles were displaying telltale signs of bad/glitched update, such as starting up and displaying different models on the LiveCockpit. Some G20s were even showing the X3 and X5 image.

I ended up building and ordering my vehicle from Germany which took about 8 weeks. Despite the glaring software issues I love the car.

Current Software Version: 03/2019.37

Last edited by Brooks86; 05-20-2019 at 10:55 PM..
Appreciate 0