Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 M3C xDrive; '13 e92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by neverdone View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Burns View Post
The strap was designed for a purpose, which was military use with fixed spring bars. Watches like modern CWC etc cannot be used with any other strap apart from horrible clip ons.

The CWC range exceeds $2,500, so we must take your opinion as a personal one. Some like them, some don't, but your reference to value is misplaced.

When Rolex supplied the military, they too were issued on Phoenix Nato straps and now a rare thing, regularly achieve over $100k.

The military thing is somewhat defunkt now, as the common issue is G-Shock, or similar.
I know what they're used for, I know the purpose of them, but it doesnt change the fact that it *looks* cheap. It's always a personal preference and i know they're comfortable, but i dont like it on anything but a timex ironman.
I have to say I like the NATO look on certain pieces and get way more comments/questions/compliments when my Seamaster Spectre is being worn on its NATO strap vs the steel bracelet.

The watch on steel is very understated and I actually think it looks vastly *more* expensive when on the NATO (and apparently so do most others)
Attached Images

2023 G80 M3 Competition xDrive Isle of Man Green on Kyalami Orange full leather - 826M black wheels - Carbon Fiber Trim - Carbon Bucket Seats - Executive/Driving Assist/Parking Packages - Laserlight - M Shadowline Lights - M Drive Pro - CS Trans/Diff/Steering Coding
2013 E92 M3 Mineral White on Bamboo Beige noviello leather (Base w/ Nav, Comfort Access, Lighting Pack) - DINAN Stage 1 and Free Flow Axle-Back Exhaust
Appreciate 1
Carb0n M103.50