2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor_M5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrat15 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor_M5 View Post
You do realize that with e-parking brake, you lose the rear sealed caliper design right? And end up getting stuck with improportional, floating rear calipers.

Fucking wack.

As for auto hold, not sure how the new M-ZF8 is but all DCT's automatically hold your car if you press the brake hard enough and let go.

6MT is gonna get an electronic park brake as well.

Unless BMW redesigned the electric park brake around the rear axle, you can say goodbye to those pretty sealed rear calipers.
I do not know what difference you mean, maybe could you compare the two different brake calipers with photos?
F10/F90 Carbon Ceramic Rear Calipers - with E-Park Brake

[IMG]http://tro-nik.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/20.jpg[/IMG]

F8x Carbon Ceramic Rear Calipers - Standard Hand Brake

[IMG]https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7558/...37339df3_c.jpg[/IMG]

This applies to standard non-CCB brakes as well. BMW & Audi uses electronically adjusted caliper pistons that lock the rotor when activated. That's why on most exotic cars you see two calipers mounted in the rear, the smaller one being independently used for Parking.

As far as I know, MB AMG is the only one who still uses electronic axle lock for the park brake, allowing them to have electronic park brake and sealed rear calipers. Early F01 750's had the same concept but it was flaw'd. MB has way more experience with BBK's so I'm not surprised they have it all under control.
They could just put the "electric" parking break in the hub like the F15/85 and still have fixed piston rear calipers.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 1
Igor_M52143.00