View Single Post
      07-06-2020, 11:52 AM   #74
TorontoGambler
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Volvo XC90 Inscription

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezzracer View Post
How fun that this thread became political. Although I admit it was interesting reading comments and opinions about wearing masks by fellow BMW enthusiast like myself.

After 6 months of this virus being studied by the best minds in the world I've come to this conclusion: Nobody really knows sht fuk about this virus and they all got it wrong. Round and round we go where it ends nobody knows.
I get that point of view based on the messages in the news and from politicians, however... the scientific community has had it right from the beginning, they just aren’t the folks who make the news. In Feb I was lucky enough to get warning of the virus from a family friend who studies disease control and they let us know it would be a pandemic, it was already far to late to stop it and that we all needed to stock up and prep for the worst... the messages we get are from people who want to be re-elected and have portfolios bigger than ours to protect which unfortunately destroys the message.

I didn’t take full advantage of the message, really wish I shorted, but that said I got the kids out of daycare early and stocked up before the hoarding. My point is people on the inside know, making this much more of a tragedy that much of the world didn’t do much with the info.

And I love my not a real M 340i ... wife says I can’t drive in sport while she’s in the car however.
Appreciate 0