07-08-2020, 02:32 PM   #83
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG20i View Post
I have been told in recent years that the automatic transmissions are much more efficient than they used to be. As in, the 18%-20% drivetrain losses of 20 years ago are half that now. So, who knows? And how the hell did this happen...

Stock+GTS Black = 388.2 wheel | 460.6 crank (18% drive-train loss)
GTS+Black+DP = 375.5 wheel | 479.1 crank (27% drive-train loss)
???
Adding the downpipe dropped wheel hp but increased crank hp??
I have no idea I couldn't make sense of that either - I think it may be an editing issue with their video (where they reversed the results) - that is the only thing that makes sense to me. **Edit** no that doesn't make sense because the calculated crank number is higher it's the actual WHP number that is lower....okay so I'm clueless.

That said, just to be clear for anyone that is wondering...I'll share here where I saw those numbers. I do not profess to be the expert on these things and was simply reviewing the video to help me with my knowledge quest regarding drivetrain loss with the M340 (thought it was nice they posted crank and wheel). I have no opinion relative to RaceChip :-)

Being 100% objective here and only sharing what RaceChip has posted in their video.

ps- if someone sees something different in these screen shots, please let me know and I will quickly update - I don't want to be the source of erroneous information
Attached Images

Last edited by chenry; 07-08-2020 at 02:38 PM.. Reason: edited to correct myself on my comment
Appreciate 0