11-11-2020, 05:38 PM   #2
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTYAMSHAYIN View Post
Have a Brand New 2021 330i that I started leasing about two weeks ago. Did my first hand wash of it today and found some paint already peeling on the hood. Not sure exactly how to handle this but I find it a bit crazy that the paint is already doing this.

I clearly didn’t cause this damage but I don’t want them blaming me for this on a lease.
Call BMW north America and ask for direction - they will likely tell you to take it to the dealer. I suggest this approach because the dealer will know that corp is in the loop. That way it doesn't become an "escalation" to corp at some point if you are not getting satisfaction from the dealer - they (corp) will already be in the loop (and the dealer will know it)

I had a somewhat similar experience back in 2006 with a 550 I purchased new from the dealer. Like you, after about 2 weeks of ownership I noticed the paint on the trunk lid was quite cloudy. I contacted BMW North America along with the dealer and expressed my frustration that this car made it to the end user (Me) in this condition and no I didn't want it repainted. My position was the car should have never reached me in the first place like this.

They ended up getting me a new car - and let me drive my existing car with cloudy paint for the 6 weeks it took to arrive
Appreciate 0