03-16-2020, 02:42 PM   #51
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 330i,‘16 X3,‘18 SQ5,‘17 A7

Quote:
Originally Posted by g20beam View Post
Honestly, BM3 OTS Maps are very reliable. I know a few individuals that own a range of 3ers ranging from 4cyl to 6cyl, all running flash tune, and have had no problems, provided because they went with what was required before flashing and also just taking care of the car and not to drive it like a maniac, for instance when WOT and not shifting while till past red line, shit like that will obviously break the car if you keep doing it. But I know most don’t do that, and most have some sense of taking care of their cars and also appropriately modding their vehicles.

Just take care of your car when you mod it. Oil changes, constantly monitoring logs, etc.

On a side note regarding warranty. There are rumors that BMW logs the status of the car through the key of your vehicle. Not sure if this is true or not, but regardless, best thing to do when you flash your car back to stock and relock DME, use your spare key that’s never been used to unlock the car when it’s tuned, and use that key for service. It’s never a guarantee but, stay super safe with it, and chances are you just might be able to get away with it.

But honestly if you break a car while modding it, you should be the one paying for it. It’s not BMW’s fault you went and screwed with the car and broke it. Pay to play. Simple as that. If you’re so worried about warranty then tuning this early on simply isn’t for you.
I agree.

Also, I’ve heard of SAs claiming that BMW notes DME changes via connecteddrive too. I find that hard to believe but who knows what the truth is. Either way, if you get your car tuned, it’s almost guaranteed that you lose engine and drive train warranty. There’s no guarantee that you won’t lose it with a piggy back as well.

Pay to play it definitely is.
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
Appreciate 0