04-07-2020, 10:06 AM   #19
Misko_Hryzko
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i (G20)

Garage List
2020 BMW 320i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by g20beam View Post
It's in HMI_SPEECH. I'm sorry for not specifying, I forgot where exactly as well and I didn't take screenshots, so I didn't manage to get the specific codes. I'm pretty sure both lines are in HMI_SPEECH. Let me know if you get it.

To search, you probably have to be in iOS, but you just scroll to the top and there's a search bar. Also, I think there are significant differences between 320i and 330i in terms of DME coding. You must get a flash tune or JB4 to get pops and bangs, I'm pretty sure the engine is tuned differently in a 320i and does NOT leave unburnt fuel in the cylinders, that's why you get no pops. I'd suggest going for BM3 if you want more power and to change the sound of the car. The gains are super worth it in a 320i. I don't know what the differences are in engine parts but I'm about to find out through research, I'll let you know soon after doing the research.

Reason for understanding engine parts:
Reliability may be drastically affected in a 320i, since the engine parts may be inferior to 330i since the DME is undertuned, even though both are the same engine designs with a twin scroll turbo.
Hi. I've found both lines for Sound under HMI_SPEECH and activated them. Inside of the sub-folders the search bar appears. Now I have the Engine sound modes. With "Sporty" setting and Sport Plus mode I still don't have any pops and crackles with warmed up engine
I am sure 320i is having it. I got a test drive on standard (non M packet) version and it banged like crazy. I order mine straight away and it comes without popcorn sound. I'll continue with powerbox installation once I have 2000km. CPA Ultra from Germany is already waiting for it.
I have to be careful with any mods because dealer clearly claimed any HW or SW modification will lead to loss of 5y warranty.
BTW: FES_SPORT_EXPERT is nice bonus for iDrive
Attached Images

Appreciate 0