View Single Post
      05-23-2020, 07:03 PM   #511
jg8920
Rep
Drives: 440i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casone238 View Post
These prices are outrageous you can find a better deal. So when I got my offer from bmw David I went to local dealer to test drive the car and when we sat down the offer I got was $786 when I showed him the offer I got some David the best he came up with was $630. His reason was because of the pandemic bmw has there factory’s closed so they won’t be receiving any cars for a while so they not willing to sell thru there inventory at high discounted rates. Idk how true that is but I have noticed that most dealers won’t really wave your remaining payments they will move money around to make it look like they did. The best advice I would give you is to be patient you still got 2 months on your lease look around for better offers.
Thanks for the recommendation, and yes that's what I'm trying to do. I just sent a request thorught David, lets see what it comes back. I'm paying so much on my current car that anything lower than what I'm paying feels like a win.

Edit:
Working the payments backwards it seems I'm getting a 13% off the loaner and 10% off the new car. The monthly payment is close to 1% of MSRP in both. However the problem is the tax, since I get taxed for the whole car price (close to 4K on both), that adds up around 100+/month to either deal. The dealer is already giving me base MF. So I guess the only option I have is working to have a higher % discount off MSRP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwo3 View Post
Yup that is base. If that's the case, I feel like they must be rolling in some of the payments of your current lease to have the monthly payment come out to as high as it is.
Yeah looking at the numbers seems you are right. Instead of "paying off my lease" they are using my car as a trade and dropping the taxes from 4K to 1+K. Seems like the best course of action is to wait for a better deal.

Last edited by jg8920; 05-24-2020 at 01:15 PM.. Reason: Info
Appreciate 0