01-24-2020, 11:19 AM   #6
alpinewhite3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Currently searching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preciseyyc View Post
For me. It takes usually 2 months. (Ya long time) for me to find my optimal seating position, I've had my g20 since November, and anytime I drive more than 30 mins I find I'm adjusting slightly, I have the one saved as a position, so I can revert if needed. I get a bit closer each time.
My problem is lower back pain as I've got issues, so position is a big thing.

Long drive wise I did find my F32 seats more comfortable. But as my G20 gets more used the seats are starting to feel better.

Best thing you can do is adjust in small increments at a time until you find what works, I also find lumbar doesn't help me at all, but the front edge of the seat being raked upwards versus the rest does help in every car I've had. Including my F15 x5
Wow, i thought i was the only one. This happens every single time i get into any different car regardless of make/model/seat material/seat type etc.

I picked up my 330i in July and even now I've narrowed it down to 2 different seating positions that I'm still trying to decide between.

There's no perfect position b/c each car has a different steering wheel setup, different dashboard, different standard seat height, etc.

On top of that, I never sit the same way. Sometimes, after a long day at work i slouch more which throws everything off. Other days, my posture is excellent and now it feels completely different.

The best advice is save your prior setting-then experiment back and forth till you find something better-then save that setting and repeat. Also i agree with above poster-no lumbar and rake up the front edge about 1/4 to 1/2 way.

I'm absolutely terrified reading that the new software update erases seat memory so i may hold off on that until they sort that out.
Appreciate 1