View Single Post
      11-05-2019, 08:22 AM   #37
hinckley
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '24 M4C Conv

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikotic View Post
I spoke with a sales rep today who told me it is possible, however she was not sure on the price, and also said it could take 6 to 8 months for delivery, even though my only request was the red interior change.
I believe your salesperson was guessing and if she took the time to investigate, she too would find merino leathers are not available, even for special order, on US 3 Series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikotic View Post
If it's possible for the US to get that Fiona Red interior on the M340I I would absolutely love to know how!
It's not just Fiona Red, it's all merino leathers that are unavailable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SM2 View Post
I'm confused because it's on the BMW individual configurer so I thought that it should be available.
I think many potential buyers in the US get confused when they see "Global" press releases and worldwide websites like the Individual configurator. Those press releases (bylined Munich) and the Individual configurator are for European and some other markets. The US market is controlled by BMWNA (with press releases bylined Woodcliff Lake, NJ). Unfortunately, many options are available in the "Global" market that are not available in the US market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPichardo View Post
BMW is on a weird trend. The X3 cant get red seats but the X4 can. X5 doesnt get red seats but X6 does. I expect 4 Series to get red seats but not the 3 series.
A while back, it was discussed that BMWNA was trying to differentiate the 3 and 4 Series, making the 4 a more up-market model. And I think we're seeing that played out with Merino leathers being available on the X4 but not the X3, and I believe soon, the 4 but not the 3. I was thinking about the 3, X3 and X4 when I purchased my vehicle a few months back. Merino was essential to me because it enriches the interior so much. I ended up with the X4 for the simple reason that it was the only model that BMWNA would sell me with the nicer interior.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
mkoesel7514.50
DZ F30303.50