08-21-2020, 09:06 AM   #47
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 330i,‘16 X3,‘18 SQ5,‘17 A7

Quote:
Originally Posted by srbs73 View Post
Not sure what your experience is with hardwiring to the cars battery for parking mode but I got some strange behaviours on my previous Q7 hence installing a battery pack.

I had the Thinkware voltage configured quite conservatively, but would still see issues after periods of short journeys or holidays. Used to get all sorts of weird electrical faults - handbrake was usually the first one. On one occasion, parked at the airport for a week in the winter, car wouldn’t start.

Hooking the battery up to a charger and reconditioning it always fixed it but it was a bit annoying.
I’ve never hardwired or even used a dash cam before this. So this will be my first time. And what you mentioned is exactly what I’m worried about. The only time I leave the car unused extensively, it will be parked in my garage (X3 is the beater for airport duty). So even if the battery dies, I can still jump it and not be worried about having to leave it in a parking lot. But yes. If it does cause issues, I’ll stick to the cigarette lighter plug option.
I was hoping the poster in the previous page who has the exact same dash cam I got hardwired would check his account but it looks like he doesn’t check his account here anymore which is unfortunate.
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
Appreciate 0