06-23-2017, 01:52 PM   #28
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by paliknight View Post
Yeah I dont use them anymore either. But Im speaking from experience when I say, they are usually much cheaper for young drivers. All my young army buddies and myself saved hundreds of dollars a month initially when we switched to USAA. we were 22 at the time and some even younger (range from 18-24). they all saved a shit ton of money initially.
Atx328 pukicabuki Paliknight is correct because USAA's insurer's pool is, on average, younger than normal because of the active military and dependents that can use it.

However, this is why I've used them since I was 16 (My father was high-level DoD civilian):
- Customer service is far and away the best in the industry.
- It's a controlled-profit company. If it makes too much money in a fiscal year, you get a dividend check.
- Claims are lightning quick -- not just for auto, but for home. I had a Jeep stolen once; it needed about $3,500 in interior repairs. From incident to completion, it took less than two weeks. I had a loft apartment flood once; had damage to rugs, furniture, and music equipment that amounted to about $4.5k. Claims rep visited the next day, and I had a check in four days.
- Car loan rates are by far the best out there -- and you get a better rate with piggyback coverage. I've never had another financial institution come within .75 percentage points of USAA's rates -- and that only happened once.
- Rates are competitive -- and frankly, I'm perfectly happy paying a little more for the above reasons. With the horror stories I've heard about just about every other major insurance company ... yeah.

#USAAMemberForLife
Appreciate 2
rr006rbc1204.00
paliknight2191.50