06-09-2019, 01:31 PM   #20
N54Yankee
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
yeah i agree with C6 things changed not only on engine wise handling braking etc also.. one of my friend had a C5 for many years that car was really trying to kill you each time you drive.. C6 is totally a new page at least for me.. and yes Z06 was quite a bargain for such powers but it should be 7 liters.. its quite a lot even for US market.. problem starts with bigger displacements by physics after some point.. friction highly increases and if its not divided into more cylinders.. more weight on internal parts, higher inertia.. thats why 60-70's race cars had more cylinders according to their displacement for higher revs.. never been on SRT10 but been on Z06 and yes big displacements rapid torque is quite sexy..
though im not sure if i want an SRT10 ever.. newer models was i guess 8.3L which is too much and should be around 650hp.. you dont need that much displacement for such powers.. those engines are fantasies in a good way though.. soon we wont see them anymore...

yeah numbers can be slightly different cause i didnt google them before posting.. and yes in Europe efficiency was on the table much earlier but for V8 engines especially Merc' has super great engines before and still.. i4 is quite common in Europe however V6 is generally called as an economy car in US.. i realized it quite clear during the time i was staying in LA for 6 months..
You posted the numbers from a factory race platform, i just pointed that out and clarified the numbers so everything is on an even par.
Let’s go back a little further then the C7 and even the C6. The C5 Corvette Z06 and the comparable 911 of the time in a head to head race the American engine would win out. Not a 7L or even a 6L but a 5.7L(350). We could go back to the C4, C3 and C2, American V8’s were not to be trifled with then or now. Things “got better” long before the C6 ZR1.
https://fastestlaps.com/comparisons/9gpllf9na6gu
"The Constitution was never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.” Samuel Adams

Last edited by N54Yankee; 06-09-2019 at 02:58 PM..
Appreciate 1
SakhirM410783.00