View Single Post
      11-02-2018, 04:04 PM   #69
heavensyu
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3M40 2018 i3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamb1t View Post
Majority of the e-cars owners own an ICE vehicle.
Until e-cars come down to the price of a Mazda 3 or Honda Civic, it will be seen as a niche. It'll be interesting to see how the sales of e-cars when the subsidies stop. I know Tesla was so concerned that they took Ontario gov. to court (and won) because of potential sale losses (see Denmark I think).

No one drives around racing their Teslas at the sight of another vehicle. Unless one is insecure. At that burn rate, the Model S/3/X system will shut down nor go further. Audi's e-Tron seems pretty good. BMW has a few e-car models. Auto mfgs do not need to beat Tesla, they just have to outlast it which I think isn't too hard thanks to Elon.

e-cars are probably here to stay. ICE will eventually be toys for the rich. See horseback riding and equestrian.
I live in WA, gov doesn't give tax incentives for EV beyond $30k, 2 months ago it has also reached EV incentive quota and no more tax incentives. Without local tax incentives people still love model 3 and model X so crazy, I'm seeing more and more on the road.
Appreciate 0