View Single Post
      11-02-2018, 04:25 PM   #71
heavensyu
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3M40 2018 i3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLU135i View Post
You are correct about the main auto manufactures needing to outlast Tesla, honestly I don't see how they have lasted this long, however you can't deny that Tesla has spurred some real change in the industry. From electric cars to the way they sell them Tesla has some innovation in what they do. The point is when are the majors going to get on the ball. The i3 frankly sucks. I have had one for an extended 3 day test drive on two separate occasions. The range is deplorable, the pizza pan tires give you screwy handling and lets not even get started on the looks of the thing. If Tesla could get their product manufacturing process a little but more squared away and put shut down Elon's Twitter account they would be killing it. We keep hearing about the i5 or inext from BMW and frankly I want to wait for them before I get on the electric bandwagon, but they are making it really hard and I'm tired of having to go to the gas station. I'd much rather get in my car in my own garage every day as see a full battery every morning.
I have the same feeling. I'm driving my i3 as much as possible so I can spend less time in gas station for my X3. I'm worrying that BMW is becoming the next Nokia or IBM, full of bureaucracy and no courage for innovation. If BMW can't get 3 series EV released after my i3 lease term ends, I will get a model 3.
Appreciate 0